Fiber Optic Loss Test Kits
SMLP 5-5 Singlemode/Multimode Test Kit with Wave ID and Data Storage
The SMLP 5-5 test kit combines the OPM 5-2D optical power meter and OLS 4 integrated LED and LASER light source and is ideally suited for testing fiber optic networks with hybrid (single-mode and multimode) cables.
The OLS 4 features 850 nm and 1300 nm LED output from a multimode output port and 1310 nm and 1550 nm LASER output from a single-mode output port. The LED and LASER outputs are stabilized to ensure accurate test results per current TIA/EIA requirements.
This light source offers 4 modes of operation: Dual wavelengths sending ID, single wavelength sending ID, CW, and modulated Tone. [Active Output], [Tone], [Battery], and [External Power] indicators identify the currently enabled operating mode, battery charge status, and external power presence. Both output ports are equipped with removable SC (FC or ST available) adapters to allow the output connectors to be inspected and cleaned.
The OPM 5-2D offers Wave ID, automatic wavelength identification and switching, when used with the OLS 4 light source. Multiple test Tone detection is provided for fiber identification. The OPM 5-2D stores optical references for each calibrated wavelength. An easy to read Dual Wavelength LCD display with Backlight shows measured power [dBm or µW] or insertion loss [dB], calibrated wavelengths, tone signal [Hz], wavelength ID, and the battery charge status. Up to 500 records per wavelength of power or insertion loss measurements may be stored in internal non-volatile memory.
Using the supplied Windows® compatible software and USB connection, test records may be transferred to a PC for storage, display, analysis, and printing.
In addition to being powered by two AA alkaline, the OPM 5-2D or OLS 4 can be powered by optional AC adapter and/or rechargeable NiMH battery pack.
The OPM 5-2D optical input port accepts Noyes thread-on style adapter caps. Adapter caps are required for operation and must be ordered separately.
The OPM 5-2D and OLS 4 are fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
• Rugged, handheld, lightweight
• Designed for field use
• Certify multimode and single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
• Wave ID - automatic wavelength identification and switching
• Dual Wave ID, single Wave ID, CW, and modulated Tone (on single-mode output)
• 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone
• Large LCD with Backlight
• Power measurements in dBm or µW; insertion loss in dB
• Reference power level storage
• Up to 500 test records per wavelength storage and download
• USB port for download of stored records
• AA alkaline, optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack or AC adapter
• Low battery indicator
• Free Windows® compatible software to view, print, and archive test records
• Free 50 µm and 62.5 µm mandrels
• Cost-effective, easy to use
• N.I.S.T traceable Produkt info!